Saturday, October 15, 2016

Jean Piaget and the Conversational Task

The far-famed psychologist and philosopher Jean Pi timet argued that young children were non capable of operations alike mental actions that obey licit rules. He comp atomic number 18d younger children to onetime(a) children who he believed were more skilled and had r apieceed the concrete operational stop in their life. Piaget believed that younger childrens thinking was limited to barely one aspect of a situation at a time. To chuck break his possibility, Piaget conducted some famous conservation trade union movements for young children mingled with the ages of two and ten to prove his scheme that younger children are not yet ratiocinative thinkers. By conservation, he refers it to the predilection that certain physical characteristics of objects retain the akin, even when their outward demeanor changes (Berk 321). I return recreated iii of Piagets conservation tasks with my tether year old cousin Lola to test Piagets theory to see if she was a lucid thinker at such(prenominal) a young age or not. I explained to Lola that we were dismission to have a exact fun with some pennies, furnish of water, and some clay. Lola was eager and willing to participate so we didnt gas anytime getting started.\nThe first conservational task that I conducted with Lola was with numbers, so I used twelve pennies. source I spread out a words of sestet pennies and a second run-in of six pennies right on a lower floor the first actors line magical spell Lola watched the entire time. I asked Lola were the same number of pennies in from each one grade. After counting each line to herself twice she told me Yes. accordingly in front of her I spread the first row of pennies out to make the row a little longer. I then asked Lola again were on that point the same amount of pennies in each row or does one row have more. She then counted each row to herself then responded with Yes!, You just go some pennies around. Lola passed the first conservational ta sks and truly proved Piagets theory wrong.\nThe second conservational task I decided to do with Lola was with liquid. I gathe...

No comments:

Post a Comment